-
May 19th, 2004, 11:53 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Steve, Todd,
Are there any Model 19 crossovers available now?
i.e. a "standard" replacement is available now, and the "super crossover" is still in the works??????
Or... Is there only the "super crossover" that is still not ready yet.
Please clear this up for me as I have a pair of Model 19's that are MINT but I am afraid to drive them for fear of the crossovers not doing there job and letting some LF hit the HF drivers.
I am not electronicly inclined and I would just assume store the originals and put in a set of replacements with the original faceplate because it doesn't seem to be a simple issue of soldering in some capacitors from the local hardware store.
Let me know,
Thanks,
V
-
May 20th, 2004, 01:01 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
You might considder bi-amping them since you are in the middle of going into them and making changes. Biamping removes the losses of the passive crossover and allows some fine tuning of the system.
-
May 20th, 2004, 01:57 PM
#3
HB Forum Owner
Iconic can rebuild your existing Model 19 crossovers now with all new parts - that way, you maintain the aesthetics, guarantee performance, and retain originality, if you prefer.
We can also build - right now - improved performance crossovers for the Model 19, again using your existing faceplate, which use improved components. My associate built several of these when we were building Model 19 reproductions in the late 1980's, and they worked quite well.
Jerry Hubbard is working on the optimized crossover for the 604-K series. The Model 19 SUPERCrossover will follow that.
-
May 20th, 2004, 02:27 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Todd,
Can Iconic rebuild the Model-15 crossovers?? Mine are about 25yo now. I've had the woofers rebuilt and new diaphrams for my 802-8g's. Even built a new cabinet. Only thing left are the crossovers.
-
May 20th, 2004, 10:28 PM
#5
HB Forum Owner
Yes, they can. They would be electrically identical to the originals, but with modern parts for superior sound reproduction.
I'd have to dig out the drawings if you're interested...
-
May 22nd, 2004, 01:46 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Todd,
Great news !!
Whom do I contact for pricing info etc.
Thanks,
V
-
June 11th, 2004, 01:23 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Hello Hello Hello....................
I need to know the where, the how and how much.......
Why is this like pulling teeth?????????????
V
-
June 11th, 2004, 01:39 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Here is a link to the Iconic website. I haven't tried to contact these folks myself but I've heard of others who have and have been successful in doing so.
Iconic Speakers
-
June 11th, 2004, 01:57 PM
#9
HB Forum Owner
We're working on a firm price to do these upgrades - sorry for the delay: we want them to be just RIGHT...
The upgraded website for Iconic will be up and running soon. Watch for a major announcement.
-
June 17th, 2004, 05:17 PM
#10
Inactive Member
I understand the Altec Pro division is now making a new cross over that should work very well for the 19s. # N1500-8A. List is around $125 and crosses at 1500Hz.
I am no electronic wizzard but it seems this frequency could tone down the horn ringing and smooth the mids to the 416.
New to this board and just wondering if any info on the new 1500 X is out here yet.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks